We conduct yearly monitoring of flora (plants) and fauna (birds, mammals, amphibians and reptiles) to learn about the condition of the natural species in the area (endemic and migratory).
- 83 species, 77 genera and 30 families were recorded. These data are similar to those recorded in the dry forests of Ecuador’s central and southern regions.
- 80 species, 71 genera and 28 families of birds were recorded in the area of the plateau. They represent 14.76% of total species recorded in the Metropolitan District of Quito (542 species).
- Most birds recorded at the airport show a high ability to adapt to changes in the ecosystem.
- There are 13 species of mammals representing 3% of the mammal fauna in all Ecuador (414 species).
- Four rodent species have been recorded.
Fauna: Amphibians and reptiles
- Four species of amphibians and reptiles have been recorded in Caraburo plateau to this date.